XL Pattern designs and builds tooling for almost every type of casting process in the industry. We’ve done simple greensand match plates that don’t take a core, to 20 + cores in dry-sand assemblies for the Aerospace industry, and complex steel tooling for the Automotive industry.
Our CAD capabilities range from receiving a tooling file from the customer that just needs to be cut and rigged all the way to designing tooling from a 2D drawing or reverse engineering from an existing part.
Conventional foundry tools we can provide our customers:
- Ren & wood tooling
- Poured urethane tooling
- Billet cut aluminum tooling
- High production tool steel, and iron tooling
Rapid prototype options we also offer that’s a fraction of the time conventional tooling requires:
- Hybrid tooling that consists of ren or wood tooling and 3D printed sand components
- 3D printed sand molds delivered to your foundry of choice that are ready to pour
- Just 3D CAD design of tooling for customers who want to print and pour themselves
Prototype & Production Machining
XL Pattern does both prototype & short run production machining from billet stock and castings. We have both 3 and 4th axis capabilities and multiple CNC lathes. In house welding, and access to the industry’s highest end waterjet and laser cutting machines.
XL Pattern designs & builds CNC machining and Targeting Fixtures that meet the highest Aerospace standards, along with assembly, glue, and check fixtures for your most complex core packages.
- Aerospace CNC Target Fixtures
- Machining Fixtures
- Core Assembly/Glue Fixtures
- Assembly Check Fixtures
- Casting check fixtures
- Saw fixtures that make cutting gating off faster and safer